More in this section

At a difficult time, we want to be here to support you by providing access to experts who can help you through the probate and estate administration process. Dealing with paperwork and asset distribution may well be the last thing you feel like doing at a time of great distress.

Probate and Wills - how does it affect me?

When a person dies, someone has to deal with their affairs after their death. This is either an executor named in the Will or the next of kin if there’s no valid Will in place.

Executors are legally and financially responsible for identifying all assets, paying debts and correctly distributing the deceased’s estate.

This whole process is called ‘estate administration’ and part of the process may involve having to apply for a ‘Grant of Probate’ - a legal document from the Probate Registry to prove you have authority to deal with the estate. Probate isn’t always required.

How can the Family Building Society help?

We have partnered with specialist provider, Wellers Law Group, who can offer a comprehensive service to handle every aspect of estate administration. Their service is based on a tried and trusted methodology with each case being personally owned by a specific solicitor, giving you continuity and one point of contact.

The Wellers Law Group was established in 1881 and has grown to incorporate a number of very highly regarded legal firms including Wellers Hedleys, based in Surrey, and Wellers Reece-Jones, based in Sevenoaks. Wellers are committed to adding real value, in addressing your legal needs and finding better, more practical answers for you.

Estate administration can be a complicated and lengthy process. As a Family Building Society customer, Wellers Law Group offer advice on your next steps. 


Call Us On

03300 244595

P&EA brochure button - Wellers

Wellers logo


Life Insurance and Life and Critical Illness
Inheritance Tax Planning
Will Writing
Equity Release
Family Building Society
Ebbisham House
30 Church Street
Surrey KT17 4NL
Follow Us