- Support for Coronavirus - how we're helping our customers See more
How we can support and help you with your finances during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Many of our staff are now working remotely in order to provide essential support to ensure that your savings continue to be looked after in our usual secure and safe way, and that you can continue to operate your accounts as normal.
As a mutual building society we are here to support you, our members. We are doing everything we can to ensure that there is no disruption to our levels of service to you.
Important information if you have a mortgage with us
If you are experiencing financial hardship and need advice on dealing with payment difficulties we are here to help.
Further support and advice for landlords
Understanding your tenants' unique circumstances and engaging and supporting them positively, helps them find a way through these difficult times and can help you deal with your financial commitments too.
We have more information and support here to help you engage with tenants during this difficult time.
Important information for savers
Withdrawal requests - instructions for withdrawals by Faster Payment must be received by 3.00pm for withdrawals the same day.
Accessing your money if you're self-isolating - if you need to give someone access to your account in the short-term, perhaps because you're isolating and unable to get to branch to withdraw money, you can use our Third party mandate form to allow someone to carry out transactions on your behalf.
Head office and branch opening hours
Head office: 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday, closed on Saturday
Branch: 9am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday, closed on Saturday
You can continue to email us anytime, or if you are registered to use our Online Service you can send us a secure message. We will do our utmost to reply to you as quickly as we are able to.
Ask us to call backEmail us
In this heightened time of national anxiety we would ask you to remain vigilant against fraudsters and scammers. We have a wide range of helpful information and handy tips available to help you protect yourself here.
Further support and advice
For more information on financial support available, you might find these websites useful:
- Money Helper have launched a new online tool to help those affected by Covid-19 navigate their finances:
- If you're struggling to pay your bills, Citizen’s Advice offers some useful information
- You may be entitled to benefits, find out more with Citizen's Advice
- Money Helper can offer support with managing your money, including steps you can take to prepare for if your circumstances might change
- For most people, it's a good idea to pay essential costs and priority debts before spending money on other things or non-priority debts. Money Helper has a budget planner to help you work out essential costs and it has also produced a guide to help you prioritise your debts
- The Financial Conduct Authority has produced a guide to managing financial difficulties during coronavirus
- Other places where you might find useful information at this time include Which? and Money Saving Expert
- Money and Mental Health - Practical Financial Skills to Manage Money offers practical information and useful tips on budgeting and dealing with debt
- If you are feeling stressed or worried and need help with your mental health, The Money and Mental Health Institute can direct you to help.
Do you need our help?
If you're concerned about your finances please contact our friendly Family Service Team.