- The Capital 90 (1) 1.06% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £20,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 26 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
- Premium Saver (4) 0.65% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £10,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 5 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
Life insurance and critical illness cover
Whilst we don't like to think about it, preparing for the worst could help protect your loved ones.
Life insurance is as much about helping to safeguard your lifestyle as it is your home. We all want security for our future, our family and a chance to maintain financial stability for ourselves or those we leave behind.Similarly, we rarely entertain the thought of ‘what if’ I had a serious illness or injury. Especially when we feel fit and healthy. If the worst does happen, knowing that you're covered against these risks could make all the difference to you and your family.
How can the Family Building Society help?
Families are the most important things to us. To help make sure your family is financially protected, we've partnered with Cavendish Online.
Cavendish Online are the UK’s leading discount broker for family protection products, providing products from the whole market and have been MoneySavingExpert’s top pick for Life Insurance for over 19 years.
Cavendish Online will compare life insurance policies and premiums from their leading panel of providers to give you access to the best quotes available.
There are two common life insurance options:
- Level Term - this policy will pay out a lump sum and the amount of cover and premium stay the same throughout the term of the policy.
- Decreasing Term - this is normally a little cheaper than Level Term as the amount of cover gradually reduces throughout the term of the policy, often taken out to cover a repayment mortgage. The premium will stay the same throughout the term.
Have you ever considered what sort of financial support you have in place if you had to stop working due to a serious illness?
How would one partner cope financially with the death or incapacity of the other?
The right cover could provide your family with vital financial support, should you need it.
Other protection products available include:
- Income Protection
- Family Income Benefit
- Whole of Life
- Over 50s Life Cover
- Private Medical Insurance.
For protection advice Family Building Society introduces customers to Cavendish Online Ltd. We receive payment from Cavendish where an introduction to their services leads to a transaction taking place.
Cavendish Online Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm register number 469385.
Cavendish Online Ltd is registered in England & Wales no. 04045709. Registered Office Address: 20 Cathedral Yard, Exeter EX1 1HB.
Home and contents insurance
We understand how important your home is to you so we've partnered with 3XD, specialists in home insurance products.