- Support for Coronavirus - how we're helping our customers See more
Later life mortgages
Are you looking to borrow into retirement? Unlike the big banks we’ve been providing retirement mortgages to those aged 60 or over for many years.
Are you approaching or in retirement and looking at later life mortgage options?
People over 60 often find it difficult to extend their mortgage term with their current lender simply because of their age.
This is where we can help. Borrowing in retirement is our specialist subject.
We don’t believe in a ‘one size fits all’ approach and have helped many retirees remain in their home or downsize by allowing them to have a mortgage with us well into their retirement - we strive to help when other lenders can’t or won’t just because it’s too complicated.
Our later life lending solutions
- If you want to get a mortgage in your 60's or 70's we’ll always take the time to listen, it’s what we do.
- If you are looking to raise capital for lifestyle purposes, help family members onto the housing ladder, purchase a second property as a Buy to Let or are looking for an alternative to Equity Release we may be able to help.
- We have a personal approach to lending, using common sense and real human beings to manually underwrite all our mortgages.
- We offer different borrowing options, short or long term mortgages, to suit your future plans.
- We offer generous mortgage terms for older borrowers with a range of fixed and variable mortgages suitable for remortgage or purchase:
- Owner Occupier repayment mortgages – up to a maximum age of 95 at the end of the term
- Owner Occupier Interest-Only and Buy to Let mortgages – up to a maximum age of 89 when the loan commences.
- We’ll take into account earned income up to the age of 70 and other sources of income beyond that such as pension, investment and rental income. We can also accept rental and investment income that can be evidenced on an SA302.