- The Capital 90 (1) 1.06% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £20,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 26 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
- Premium Saver (4) 0.65% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £10,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 5 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
Advice on payment difficulties
If you are experiencing financial hardship and need advice on dealing with payment difficulties we're here to help.
If you are concerned about your finances, there are organisations out there to provide you with help if you need it. We have listed these organisations at the bottom of this page.
It’s in your interests to start making your mortgage payments if you can afford it.
However, if you are suffering from financial hardship, please call us so we can try and find a solution for you. This may include rearrangement of a repayment mortgage to Interest-Only (or part repayment, part Interest-Only), term extension or a combination of these.
Further support and advice
For more information on financial support available, you might find these websites useful:
- General government guidance and support
- The Money and Pensions Service have launched a new online tool to help those affected by Covid-19 navigate their finances:
- If you're struggling to pay your bills, Citizen’s Advice offers some useful information
- You may be entitled to benefits, find out more with Citizen's Advice
- Money Helper can offer support with managing your money, including steps you can take to prepare for if your circumstances might change
- For most people, it's a good idea to pay essential costs and priority debts before spending money on other things or non-priority debts. The Money Advice Service has a budget planner to help you work out essential costs and it has also produced a guide to help you prioritise your debts.
- The Financial Conduct Authority has produced a guide to managing financial difficulties during coronavirus
- Other places where you might find useful information at this time include Which? and Money Saving Expert
- Money and Mental Health - Practical Financial Skills to Manage Money offers practical information and useful tips on budgeting and dealing with debt
- If you are feeling stressed or worried and need help with your mental health, The Money and Mental Health Institute can direct you to help.
Do you need our help?
If you have questions about your mortgage or need our help please contact our friendly Family Service Team.
Further support and advice for landlords
Helpful information and support when engaging with tenants during this difficult time.