- The Capital 90 (1) 1.06% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £20,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 26 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
- Premium Saver (4) 0.65% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £10,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 5 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
3.99% 3 year discounted rate by 1.15% for Expats
The mortgage will be secured on your property.
Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Key things to bear in mind
- Purpose - Expat purchase and remortgage
- Discount - 1.15% applied to our Residential Investment Managed Mortgage Rate for 3 years
- Minimum rate - 3.89%
- Loan to Value - Maximum 60%
- Application fee - £175 + Valuation Fee for purchase and remortgage.
- Valuation Fees - Based on the greater of the purchase price or value of the property
- Valuation Fees (Multi Unit Freehold Blocks) – The full Multi Unit Freehold Block valuation fee scale will apply for this property type.
- ~Product fee - £999 for loans up to £500,000. For loans above £500,000 0.4% of the loan amount
- Maximum loan - No maximum. Loans above £500,000 should be referred to us for specific agreement before submission of an application
- Minimum loan - £100,000 for purchase and remortgage.
- Early Repayment Charges - 3% in the first year, 2% in the second year, 1% in the third year
- Additional information:
Please refer to our lending criteria for a full list of countries currently considered for expat applications.
More downloads & what you'll need to apply
More mortgage downloads
For Expat clients we also require:
– Certified copy of UK Passport
- Certified Proof of address (Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Credit card Statement, Driving Licence)
- A certified copy of any ID card for the applicant’s country of residence if one is issued, and a resident’s permit / Visa
For remortgages, a copy of the existing / proposed tenancy agreement.
– Evidence of rent being paid in and mortgage being paid out (bank statements may already cover this)
Evidence of deposit for purchases
– Evidence of deposit in a UK account held by the applicant(s)
– For gifted deposits, we require a signed gift letter from the giftor plus evidence of funds in a UK account and the giftors details (names, date of births, relationship to applicants)
– Applicants are required to provide a UK contact where the Society is able to serve notice regarding the mortgage. This can be a UK Solicitor or close family member in the UK.
Applicants with four or more mortgaged Buy to Let properties
– We will treat these applications as a portfolio landlord and we require details of their full portfolio and a business plan.
Case study - Peace of mind when remortgaging
When they originally took out their interest only mortgage, Peter and Julia said they planned to repay the capital using inheritance. However, as time went on, they became concerned that this was not viable.View full case study
Call our expert UK team
Savings - 03330 140141
Mortgages - 03330 140140
Savings - 03330 140144
Mortgages - 03330 140146