- We're delighted to have won Best First Time Buyer Mortgage Provider in the Personal Finance Awards 2021/2022. Thank you for voting for us!
Monday 29 November – We are aware a small number of customers are experiencing some technical issues when accessing our Online Service. This is being investigated as a matter of urgency. If you need to get in touch with us you can find our contact details here.
3.89% 3 year discounted rate by 1.25% for Expats
The mortgage will be secured on your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Key things to bear in mind
- Purpose - Expat purchase and remortgage
- Discount - 1.25% applied to our Residential Investment Managed Mortgage Rate for 3 years
- Minimum rate - 3.79%
- Loan to Value - 70%
- Application fee - £175 + Valuation Fee for purchase and remortgage.
- Valuation Fees - Based on the greater of the purchase price or value of the property
- Valuation Fees (Multi Unit Freehold Blocks) - The full Multi Unit Freehold Block valuation fee scale will apply for this property type.
- ~Product fee - £999 for loans up to £500,000. For loans above £500,000 0.4% of the loan amount.
- Maximum loan - No maximum. Loans above £500,000 should be referred to us for specific agreement before submission of an application
- Minimum loan - £100,000 for purchase and remortgage.
- Early Repayment Charges - 3% in the first year, 2% in the second year, 1% in the third year
- Additional information:
Please refer to our lending criteria for a full list of countries currently considered for expat applications.
More downloads & what you'll need to apply
More mortgage downloads
For Expat clients we also require:
– Certified copy of UK Passport
- Certified Proof of address (Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Credit card Statement, Driving Licence)
- A certified copy of any ID card for the applicant’s country of residence if one is issued, and a resident’s permit / Visa.
For remortgages, a copy of the existing / proposed tenancy agreement.
– Evidence of rent being paid in and mortgage being paid out (bank statements may already cover this)
Evidence of deposit for purchases
– Evidence of deposit in a UK account held by the applicant(s)
– For gifted deposits, we require a signed gift letter from the giftor plus evidence of funds in a UK account and the giftors details (names, date of births, relationship to applicants)
– Applicants are required to provide a UK contact where the Society is able to serve notice regarding the mortgage. This can be a UK Solicitor or close family member in the UK.
Applicants with four or more mortgaged Buy to Let properties
– We will treat these applications as a portfolio landlord and we require details of their full portfolio and a business plan.
Call our expert UK team
Savings - 03330 140141
Mortgages - 03330 140140
Savings - 03330 140144
Mortgages - 03330 140146