Please note that the Premium Saver (6) has now been withdrawn from sale. If you have opened an account, you may add funds until 3pm, 16 August 2022, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more.
Rate changes following Bank of England decision to raise its Bank Rate to 1.75% on 4 August 2022.
Savings: Rate increases for Windfall Bond and Tracker Savings Bond apply from 1 September. (Updated 04/08/22)
Mortgages: Tracker mortgages will change on 25 September and we will write to customers individually with revised payment details where the new rate exceeds the minimum rate (or ‘floor’) already applying to their mortgage. (Updated 04/08/22)
3.99% 3 year discounted rate by 2.30% for Expats
The mortgage will be secured on your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Key things to bear in mind
- Purpose - Purchase, remortgage, product switch and further advance
- Discount - 2.30% applied to our Residential Investment Managed Mortgage Rate for 3 years
- Minimum rate - 3.99%
- Loan to Value - Maximum 70%
- Application fee - £175 + Valuation Fee for purchase and remortgage. (£125 for further advance, £0 for product switch)
- Valuation Fees (Purchase and Remortgage) - Full standard valuation fee scale applies
- Valuation Fees (Further advance and Product Switch) - £0
- Valuation Fees (Multi Unit Freehold Blocks) - A separate valuation fee scale will apply for this property type. For purchase and remortgage applications, the full Multi-Unit Freehold Block valuation fee scale will apply. (£0 for further advance, £0 for product switch)
- ~Product fee - £999 for loans up to £500,000. For loans above £500,000 0.4% of the loan amount.
- Maximum loan - No maximum. Loans above £500,000 should be referred to us for specific agreement before submission of an application
- Minimum loan - £100,000 for purchase and remortgage. £2,000 for further advance. No minimum for product switches
- Early Repayment Charges - 3% in the first year, 2% in the second year and 1% in the third year
- Cost for comparison - 6.1% APRC
- Additional information:
Please refer to our lending criteria for a full list of countries currently considered for expat applications
More downloads & what you'll need to apply
More mortgage downloads
For Expat clients we also require:
– Certified copy of UK Passport
- Certified Proof of address (Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Credit card Statement, Driving Licence)
- A certified copy of any ID card for the applicant’s country of residence if one is issued, and a resident’s permit / Visa.
For remortgages, a copy of the existing / proposed tenancy agreement.
– Evidence of rent being paid in and mortgage being paid out (bank statements may already cover this)
Evidence of deposit for purchases
– Evidence of deposit in a UK account held by the applicant(s)
– For gifted deposits, we require a signed gift letter from the giftor plus evidence of funds in a UK account and the giftors details (names, date of births, relationship to applicants)
– Applicants are required to provide a UK contact where the Society is able to serve notice regarding the mortgage. This can be a UK Solicitor or close family member in the UK.
Applicants with four or more mortgaged Buy to Let properties
– We will treat these applications as a portfolio landlord and we require details of their full portfolio and a business plan.
Call our expert UK team
Savings - 03330 140141
Mortgages - 03330 140140
Savings - 03330 140144
Mortgages - 03330 140146