- Our Autumn newsletter 2023 is now available. You can download it here
- View our Christmas opening hours here. For information on bank transfer processing times over the Christmas period please click here.
Mortgage payment difficulties? We may be able to help. Find out more
7.39% Expat 1.80% Discounted Rate from follow on rate for 2 years (XD0206)
Key things to bear in mind
- Purpose - Expat purchase, remortgage, product switch and further advance
- Discount - 1.80% applied to our Residential Investment Managed Mortgage Rate for 2 years
- Minimum rate - 4.74%
- Loan to Value - Maximum 60%
- Application fee - £175 + Valuation Fee for purchase and remortgage. (£125 for further advance, £0 for product switch)
- Valuation Fees (Purchase and Remortgage) - Full standard valuation fee scale applies.
- Valuation Fees (Multi Unit Freehold Blocks) - A separate valuation fee scale will apply for this property type. For purchase and remortgage applications, the full Multi-Unit Freehold Block valuation fee scale will apply.
- ~Product fee - £999 for loans up to £500,000. For loans above £500,000 0.4% of the loan amount. (£0 for further advance, £0 for product switch)
- Maximum loan - No maximum. Loans above £500,000 should be referred to us for specific agreement before submission of an application.
- Minimum loan - £100,000 for purchase and remortgage. £2,000 for further advance. No minimum for product switches.
- Early Repayment Charges - 2% in the first year and 1% in the second year
- Cost for comparison - 9.4% APRC
- Additional information:
Please refer to our lending criteria for a full list of countries currently considered for expat applications.
More downloads & what you'll need to apply
More mortgage downloads
For Expat clients we also require:
- Certified copy of UK Passport
- Certified Proof of address (Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Credit card Statement, Driving Licence)
- A certified copy of any ID card for the applicant’s country of residence if one is issued, and a resident’s permit / Visa
- Employers reference / Accountants reference to confirm current physical address.
Proof of income
Applicants are required to have an existing UK mortgage. We carry out an electronic credit check on all applicants which may show the performance of these. If this fails to show their existing mortgage(s), 12 months proof of conduct is required. To speed up our underwriting, you can provide this on submission.
- For remortgages, a copy of the existing / proposed tenancy agreement.
- Evidence of rent being paid in and mortgage being paid out (bank statements may already cover this).
Evidence of deposit for purchases
- Evidence of deposit in a UK account held by the applicant(s)
- For gifted deposits, we require a signed gift letter from the giftor plus evidence of funds in a UK account and the giftors details (names, date of births, relationship to applicants).
- Applicants are required to provide a UK contact where the Society is able to serve notice regarding the mortgage. This can be a UK Solicitor or close family member in the UK.
Applicants with four or more mortgaged Buy to Let properties
- We will treat these applications as a portfolio landlord and we require details of their full portfolio and a business plan.