- Our Autumn newsletter 2023 is now available. You can download it here
- View our Christmas opening hours here. For information on bank transfer processing times over the Christmas period please click here.
Mortgage payment difficulties? We may be able to help. Find out more
6.79% JBSP 1.65% Discounted Rate from follow on rate for 2 years (XD0195)
The mortgage will be secured on your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Key things to bear in mind
- Purpose - Joint Borrower Sole Proprietor applications for product switch and further advance. Also available for product switch and further advance for existing guarantor mortgages.
- Discount - 1.65% applied to our Managed Mortgage Rate for 2 years
- Minimum rate - 4.14%
- LTV - Maximum 80%.
- Application Fee - £125 for further advance. £0 for product switches
- Legal Fees - £100 minimum for further advance.
- Valuation Fees - £0 for further advance, £0 for product switch
- ~Product Fee - £0 for further advance, £0 for product switch
- Early Repayment Charges - 2% in the first year, 1% in the second year
- Maximum loan - No maximum. Loans above £500,000 should be referred to us for specific agreement before submission of an application
- Minimum loan - £2,000 for further advance. No minimum for product switches.
- Cost for comparison - 8.4% APRC
A mortgage of £186,460.00 payable over 21 years initially on a discounted variable rate for 2 years at 1.65% below our variable Managed Mortgage Rate and then on our variable Managed Mortgage Rate, currently 8.44% would require 23 monthly payments of £1,390.53 and 229 monthly payments of £1,567.17 plus one initial interest payment of £1,046.60.
The total amount payable would be £392,010.72 made up of the loan amount plus interest of £205,450.72 and a Mortgage Exit Fee of £100.
The overall cost for comparison is 8.4% APRC representative.
More downloads & what you'll need to apply
Three full months most recent consecutive bank statements for all current accounts, to evidence all income and outgoings. Bank statements must show the applicants name, account number, sort code and bank logo.
Proof of income
If you're employed in a company you'll need:
• Three months most recent payslips
• Most recent P60.
If you have property or investment income you'll need:
• Two years most recent SA302s.
If you're self employed you'll need:
• Two years most recent accounts or two years most recent SA302s / Tax Calculations (100% Completed) or Family Building Society Accountant’s Certificate
• Accountant’s details on the application form.
If you are already retired or if the term of your mortgage term goes beyond retirement or age 70 you'll need:
• Most recent Pension Statement or letter from Department for Work and Pensions
• Most recent annual Pension Statement
• Most recent P60.
If you have any questions please speak to the Family Service Team here.