Please note that the Premium Saver (6) has now been withdrawn from sale. If you have opened an account, you may add funds until 3pm, 16 August 2022, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more.
Rate changes following Bank of England decision to raise its Bank Rate to 1.75% on 4 August 2022.
Savings: Rate increases for Windfall Bond and Tracker Savings Bond apply from 1 September. (Updated 04/08/22)
Mortgages: Tracker mortgages will change on 25 September and we will write to customers individually with revised payment details where the new rate exceeds the minimum rate (or ‘floor’) already applying to their mortgage. (Updated 04/08/22)
3.74% 3 year discounted rate by 1.80% for Expats
The mortgage will be secured on your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Key things to bear in mind
- Purpose - Expat for purchase, remortgage, product switch and further advance
- Discount - 1.80% applied to our Managed Mortgage Rate for 3 years
- Minimum rate - 3.74%
- Loan to Value - Maximum 60%
- Application Fee - £175 + Valuation Fee for purchase and remortgage. (£125 for further advance, £0 for product switch)
- Valuation Fees - Free for properties up to £500,000. For properties above £500,000 the standard valuation fee scale applies, less £330 discount. (£0 for further advance, £0 for product switch)
- ~Product Fee - £999 for loans up to £500,000. For loans above £500,000 0.3% of the loan amount. (£0 for further advance, £0 for product switch)
- Additional benefits:
- ^Cashback - £500 on completion for remortgage applications
- Early Repayment Charges - 3% in the first year, 2% in the second year, 1% in the third year
- Maximum loan - No maximum. Loans above £500,000 should be referred to us for specific agreement before submission of an application
- Minimum loan - £100,000 for purchase and remortgage. £2,000 for further advance. No minimum for product switches
- Cost for comparison - 5.1% APRC
- Additional criteria - We require a UK address for the serving of notice
- See our full list of countries currently considered for Expat applications
More downloads & what you'll need to apply
More mortgage downloads
We carry out an electronic ID check on all applicants. If this fails you will need to provide us with ID documents.
For Expat clients we also require:
- Certified copy of UK Passport
- Certified Proof of address (Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Credit card Statement, Driving Licence)
- A certified copy of any ID card for the applicant’s country of residence if one is issued, and a resident’s permit / Visa
- Three full months most recent consecutive bank statements for all current accounts, to evidence all income and outgoings. Bank statements must show the applicants name, account number, sort code and bank logo.
If you're renting your current home you'll need...
- 12 months statements showing rent payments
If you already have a mortgage you'll need…
- Proof of mortgage payments - we carry out an electronic credit check on all applicants which usually confirms this. However if this fails, we will need proof. This can be provided from 12 months bank statements, the latest mortgage statements, or a combination. To speed up our underwriting, you can provide these on submission
Proof of income
If you're employed in a company you'll need...
- Three months most recent payslips
- Most recent P60
If you have property or investment income you'll need...
- Two years most recent SA302s
If you're self employed you'll need...
- Two years most recent accounts or two years most recent SA302s / Tax Calculations (100% Completed) or Family Building Society Accountant’s Certificate
- Accountant’s details on the application form
If you are already retired or if the term of your mortgage term goes beyond retirement or age 70 you'll need...
- Most recent Pension Statement or letter from Department for Work and Pensions
- Most recent annual Pension Statement
- Most recent P60
• Evidence of deposit in an account held by the applicant(s)
• For gifted deposits, we require evidence of the funds in a UK account and the giftors details (name, date of birth, relationship to applicants).
If you already let a property you'll need...
• Evidence of rent being paid in and mortgage being paid out (bank statements requested above may already cover this).
– Applicants are required to provide a UK contact where the Society is able to serve notice regarding the mortgage. This can be a UK Solicitor or close family member in the UK
Call our expert UK team
Savings - 03330 140141
Mortgages - 03330 140140
Savings - 03330 140144
Mortgages - 03330 140146