- Our Autumn newsletter 2023 is now available. You can download it here
- View our Christmas opening hours here. For information on bank transfer processing times over the Christmas period please click here.
Mortgage payment difficulties? We may be able to help. Find out more
6.49% 5 Year Fixed Rate to 31/01/2029 (XF0688)
Key things to bear in mind
- Purpose - Purchase, remortgage, product switch and further advance
- Please note that this product is exclusively available for purchase and remortgage purposes for direct customer applications, dealt with via our Mortgage Advisor Team. This product is not available for purchase / remortgage applications submitted from directly authorised brokers
- LTV - Maximum 80%
- Fixed Rate end date - 31/01/2029
- Application Fee - £175 + Valuation Fee. (£125 for further advances. £0 for product switch)
- Valuation Fees - Free for properties up to £500,000. For properties above £500,000 the standard valuation fee scale applies, less £330 discount. (£0 for further advances. £0 for product switch)
- ~Product Fee - £999 for loans up to £500,000. For loans above £500,000, 0.3% of the loan amount. (£0 for further advances. £0 for product switch)
- ^Cashback - £500 for remortgage applications
- Early Repayment Charges - 5% until 31/01/2025, 4% until 31/01/2026, 3% until 31/01/2027, 2% until 31/01/2028, 1% until 31/01/2029
- Maximum loan - No maximum. Loans above £500,000 should be referred to us for specific agreement before submission of an application
- Minimum loan - £45,000 for purchase and remortgage. £2,000 for further advance. No minimum for product switches
- Cost for comparison - 7.7% APRC
More downloads & what you'll need to apply
If you're renting your current home you'll need:
• 12 months statements showing rent payments.
If you already have a mortgage you'll need:
• Proof of mortgage payments - we carry out an electronic credit check on all applicants which usually confirms this. However if this fails, we will need proof. This can be provided from 12 months bank statements, the latest mortgage statements, or a combination. To speed up our underwriting, you can provide these on submission.
Proof of income
If you're employed in a company you'll need:
• Three months most recent payslips
• Most recent P60.
If you have property or investment income you'll need:
• Two years most recent SA302s.
If you're self employed you'll need:
• Two years most recent accounts or two years most recent SA302s / Tax Calculations (100% Completed) or Family Building Society Accountant’s Certificate
• Accountant’s details on the application form.
If you are already retired or if the term of your mortgage term goes beyond retirement or age 70 you'll need:
• Most recent Pension Statement or letter from Department for Work and Pensions
• Most recent annual Pension Statement
• Most recent P60.
If you already let a property you'll need:
• Evidence of rent being paid in and mortgage being paid out (bank statements requested above may already cover this).