- Support for Coronavirus - how we're helping our customers See more
Owner Occupier mortgages for additional borrowingSee all of our current Owner Occupier mortgage products available for additional borrowing.
The mortgage will be secured on your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
All of these Owner Occupier mortgage products have limited funds available and may be withdrawn at any time. Our mortgages are available to applicants aged 18 and over for properties in England or Wales.
This information should be read in conjunction with the following documents: 'Additional Information about our Mortgages' and 'Getting a Mortgage: what you need to know' guide, which provide important information about our mortgage services.
Key things to bear in mind
- Purpose - Expat for purchase, remortgage, product switch and further advance
- Discount - 0.58% applied to our Managed Mortgage Rate for 3 years
- Minimum rate - 3.71%
- Loan to Value - Maximum 75%.
- Application fee - £175 + Valuation Fee for purchase and remortgage. See ‘more downloads’ for product switch and further advance fees.
- Valuation fees - Free for properties up to £500,000. For properties above £500,000 the standard valuation fee scale applies, less £330 discount. See ‘more downloads’ for product switch and further advance fees.
- ~Product fee - £999 for loans up to £500,000. For loans above £500,000 0.3% of the loan amount. See ‘more downloads’ for product switch and further advance fees.
- Additional benefits:
- ^Cashback - £500 on completion for remortgage applications
- Early Repayment Charges - 3% in the first year, 2% in the second year, 1% in the third year
- Maximum loan - No maximum. Loans above £500,000 should be referred to us for specific agreement before submission of an application
- Minimum loan - £100,000 for purchase and remortgage. £2,000 for further advance. No minimum for product switches.
- Additional criteria - We require a UK address for the serving of notice.
- See our expat page for our full list of countries currently considered for expat applications.
The total amount payable would be £198,693.23 made up of the loan amount plus interest of £58,900.23, an Application Fee of £175, a Product Fee of £999 and a Mortgage Exit Fee of £100.
The overall cost for comparison is 4.4% APRC representative.
More downloads & what you'll need to apply
More mortgage downloads
- Expat purchase and remortgage product summary pack
- Expat existing borrower product switch product summary pack
- Expat further advance product summary pack
For Expat clients we also require:
– Certified copy of UK Passport
- Certified Proof of address (Utility Bill, Bank Statement, Credit card Statement, Driving Licence)
- A certified copy of any ID card for the applicant’s country of residence if one is issued, and a resident’s permit / Visa.
If you're renting your current home you'll need...
• 12 months statements showing rent payments.
If you already have a mortgage you'll need…
• Proof of mortgage payments - we carry out an electronic credit check on all applicants which usually confirms this. However if this fails, we will need proof. This can be provided from 12 months bank statements, the latest mortgage statements, or a combination. To speed up our underwriting, you can provide these on submission.
Proof of income
• Three months most recent payslips
• Most recent P60.
If you have property or investment income you'll need...
• Two years most recent SA302s.
If you're self employed you'll need...
• Two years most recent accounts or two years most recent SA302s / Tax Calculations (100% Completed) or Family Building Society Accountant’s Certificate
• Accountant’s details on the application form.
If you are already retired or if the term of your mortgage term goes beyond retirement or age 70 you'll need...
• Most recent Pension Statement or letter from Department for Work and Pensions
• Most recent annual Pension Statement
• Most recent P60.
• Evidence of deposit in an account held by the applicant(s)
• For gifted deposits, we require evidence of the funds in a UK account and the giftors details (name, date of birth, relationship to applicants).
If you already let a property you'll need...
• Evidence of rent being paid in and mortgage being paid out (bank statements requested above may already cover this).
– Applicants are required to provide a UK contact where the Society is able to serve notice regarding the mortgage. This can be a UK Solicitor or close family member in the UK