- The Capital 90 (1) 1.06% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £20,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 26 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
- Premium Saver (4) 0.65% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £10,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 5 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
Capital 90 (1)
Suitable for savings you won't need to use in the short term and offers a simple way to manage your savings exclusively online with an attractive rate of interest
Key featuresView summary box
*You can add to your Capital 90 (1) account until 3pm on 26 November 2021, after this time no additions can be made
**To send additional savings directly from your bank account the banking details you’ll need can be found on the back of your new account Certificate. To add to your account using your debit card you will need to register for our Online Service. If you open your account online, registration is part of the account opening process and you can add by debit card straight away. After you have registered, we will send you a verification code. For security reasons, this is sent by post. You need this code for your first login, and you will only be able to add to your account by debit card once you have logged in and entered your verification code.
The information provided below is a summary of the key features of the account and is not intended to be a substitute for reading the Product Features leaflet and the General Conditions for our Savings Accounts booklet.
Account summary box
What is the interest rate?
|Rate effective from 14 October 2021|
Can the Family Building Society change the interest rate?
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £20,000 deposit?
|Opening balance - Annual interest
||Projected balance (Gross)
^monthly interest of £17.50 is paid away, which totals £210.00 per annum
How do I open and manage my account?
- The Capital 90 (1) can be applied for online
- A minimum of £20,000 must be deposited to open the account
- Instructions for the account can be made using the secure messaging facility available within the Online Service
Can I withdraw money?
- Withdrawal and closure instructions can be made via the Online Service
- Withdrawals are available after 90 days' notice with no access charge and will be paid by transfer to your bank account or by transfer to another account with us. Immediate withdrawals are not permitted
- Minimum withdrawal is £100
How can I make deposits?
- A minimum of £20,000 must be deposited
- Additions are allowed until the funding cut off date after this no additional funds can be made
- Additions to the account can be made by debit card, by transfer from your bank account or by transfer from another savings account with us
- A maximum of £250,000 may be held in the account
|TAX STATUS: Interest is paid gross without deduction of income tax. You will need to declare any income from savings interest earned over your PSA2 through a self-assessment tax return to HM Revenue & Customs. Interest is paid annually on 31 January and available the following day, or monthly.|
This issue may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
1 AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the annual rate would be if interest was compounded.
2 PSA stands for Personal Savings Allowance.
All financial information correct on 12 October 2021.
Operating an account on behalf of someone else
This account is available for operation by Third Parties, Attorneys and Deputies. For information on how to set up any of these on your savings accounts please click here.
If you have already set up Power of Attorney, a Deputy or Third Party and wish to open this savings account, you can find details of the forms we require here.
If you have any further account opening queries please contact our New Business Team on 03330 140141.
Use of a debit card to deposit savings
To add to your account using your debit card, you will need to register for our Online Service. You can’t use your debit card to add money to your account over the phone. Please note that the debit card you use to deposit money via the Online Service should be registered to the address we hold for you.
Debit card transactions are subject to approval by your bank and may be declined if you do not have sufficient funds available in your bank account or the transaction exceeds your bank's anti-fraud limits.
Call our expert UK team
Savings - 03330 140141
Mortgages - 03330 140140
Savings - 03330 140144
Mortgages - 03330 140146