- The Capital 90 (1) 1.06% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £20,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 26 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
- Premium Saver (4) 0.65% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £10,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 5 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
Premium Saver (4)
A variable rate savings account offering one of the highest easy access savings interest rates currently available. Our easy access savings account is opened exclusively online.
Key featuresView summary box
- Account opened via our Online Service
- Save from £10,000 to £250,000
- The minimum withdrawal is £100
- Maximum withdrawal of £25,000 per day, per account
- Variable interest rate
- Interest paid annually on 31 January and added to the account
- Add to your account* by debit card, by transfer from your bank account**, by cheque, by transfer from another account with us and by cash
- Easy access to your savings without notice or an access charge paid by transfer to your bank account or by transfer to another account with us
- View balance, transaction history and interest payment details online
** To send additional savings directly from your bank account the banking details you’ll need can be found on the back of your new account Certificate. After you have registered, we will send you a verification code. For security reasons, this is sent by email or by post. You need this code for your first login, and you will only be able to add to your account by debit card once you have logged in and entered your verification code.
The information provided below is a summary of the key features of the account and is not intended to be a substitute for reading the Product Features leaflet and General Conditions for our Savings Accounts booklet.
Account summary box
What is the interest rate?
|Rate effective from 23 September 2021
Can the Family Building Society change the interest rate?
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £10,000 deposit?
||Projected balance (Gross)
How do I open and manage my account?
- The Premium Saver can be applied for online
- A minimum of £10,000 must be deposited to open the account
- Instructions for the account can be made via the Online Service, by phone, by post and at our Epsom Branch
Can I withdraw money?
- Withdrawals are available via the Online Service, by phone, by post and at our Epsom Branch, without notice or an access charge, and can be made by transfer to your bank account or by transfer to another savings account with us
- Minimum withdrawal is £100
- Maximum withdrawal of £25,000 per day per account
Please see the 'Taking money out' section of the Product Features leaflet for full information.
How can I make deposits?
- A minimum of £10,000 must be deposited
- Additions are allowed until the funding cut off date, after this no additional funds can be made
- Additions to the account can be made by debit card, by transfer from your bank account, by cheque, by transfer from another savings account with us or by cash
- A maximum of £250,000 may be held in the account
Tax status: Interest is paid gross without deduction of income tax. You will need to declare any income from savings interest earned over your PSA2 through a self-assessment tax return to HM Revenue & Customs. Interest is paid annually on 31 January and available from the following day.
This issue may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
1AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the annual rate would be if interest was compounded.
2PSA stands for Personal Savings Allowance.
All financial information correct on 22 September 2021.
Operating an account on behalf of someone else
This account is available for operation by Third Parties, Attorneys and Deputies. For information on how to set up any of these on your accounts please refer to our Help to manage your finances page where all the information you should need can be found.
If you have already set up Power of Attorney, a Deputy or Third Party and wish to open this account, please also refer to our Help to manage your finances page where you can find details of the forms we require. If you have any further account opening queries please contact our New Business Team on 03330 140141.
Use of a debit card to deposit savings
To add to your account using your debit card, you will need to register for our Online Service. You can’t use your debit card to add money to your account over the phone. Please note that the debit card you use to deposit money via the Online Service should be registered to the address we hold for you.
Debit card transactions are subject to approval by your bank and may be declined if you do not have sufficient funds available in your bank account or the transaction exceeds your bank's anti-fraud limits.
Call our expert UK team
Savings - 03330 140141
Mortgages - 03330 140140
Savings - 03330 140144
Mortgages - 03330 140146