- Our Autumn newsletter 2023 is now available. You can download it here
- View our Christmas opening hours here. For information on bank transfer processing times over the Christmas period please click here.
Mortgage payment difficulties? We may be able to help. Find out more
Online Saver (6)
Our easy access savings account offers 5.04% AER, giving you the flexibility to save money and withdraw it whenever you want. Open your online savings account today.
Key featuresView summary box
- Account opened and operated via our Online Service
- Save from £100 to £250,000
- The minimum withdrawal is £100
- Maximum withdrawal of £25,000 per day, per account
- Variable interest rate
- Interest paid annually on 31 January and added to the account
- Add to your account by debit card, by transfer from your bank account and by transfer from another account with us
- Easy access to your savings without notice or an access charge. Withdrawals can be transferred to your bank account or to another account you hold with us
- View balance, transaction history and interest payment details online
- Personalise your accounts with nicknames
* To send additional savings directly from your bank account the banking details you’ll need can be found on the back of your new account Certificate. After you have registered, we will send you a verification code. For security reasons, this is sent by post. You need this code for your first login, and you will only be able to add to your account by debit card once you have logged in and entered your verification code.
Before you apply, please read the account summary box below. It is not intended to be a substitute for reading the Product Features leaflet and General Conditions for our Savings Account booklet.
Account summary box
What is the interest rate?
|Rate effective from 27 September 2023||Gross AER1|
Can the Family Building Society change the interest rate?
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit?
|Opening balance||Projected balance (Gross)|
How do I open and manage my account?
- The Online Saver can be applied for online
- This account can be opened and held jointly by a maximum of two people
- A minimum of £100 must be deposited to open the account
- Instructions for the account can be made via the Online Service
Can I withdraw money?
- Withdrawals are available via the Online Service only, without notice or an access charge, and can be made by transfer to your bank account or by transfer to another savings account with us
- Minimum withdrawal is £100
- Maximum withdrawal of £25,000 per day per account
Please see the 'Taking money out' section of the Product Features leaflet for full information.
How can I make deposits?
- A minimum of £100 must be deposited
- Additions are allowed but not required on a regular basis
- Additions to the account can be made by debit card, by transfer from your bank account and by transfer from another savings account with us
- A maximum of £250,000 may be held in the account
For any customers who previously opened this savings account before 27 September, we will shortly be notifying you by email or letter of the increase to your savings interest rate.
Tax status: Interest is paid gross without deduction of income tax. You will need to declare any income from savings interest earned over your PSA2 through a self-assessment tax return to HM Revenue & Customs. Interest is paid annually on 31 January and available from the following day.
This issue may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
1AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the annual rate would be if interest was compounded.
2PSA stands for Personal Savings Allowance.
All financial information correct on 26 September 2023.
Operating an account on behalf of someone else
This account is available for operation by Third Parties, Attorneys and Deputies. For information on how to set up any of these on your accounts please refer to our Help to manage your finances page where all the information you should need can be found.
If you have already set up Power of Attorney, a Deputy or Third Party and wish to open this account, please also refer to our Help to manage your finances page where you can find details of the forms we require. If you have any further account opening queries please contact our New Business Team on 03330 140141.
Use of a debit card to deposit savings
To add to your account using your debit card, you will need to register for our Online Service. You can’t use your debit card to add money to your account over the phone. Please note that the debit card you use to deposit money via the Online Service should be registered to the address we hold for you.
Debit card transactions are subject to approval by your bank and may be declined if you do not have sufficient funds available in your bank account or the transaction exceeds your bank's anti-fraud limits.