- Support for Coronavirus - how we're helping our customers See more
5 Year Fixed Rate Bond (15)
Exclusively available for all existing customers who have had a savings account with us for at least two months
Key featuresView summary box
- Exclusively available for all existing customers who have had a savings account with us for at least two months
- This bond can only be applied for by post and at our Epsom branch
- Save up to £250,000
- Fixed interest rate for the duration of the term
- Interest paid annually on 30 June and on maturity and added to the account or to a pre-nominated account in your name
- Monthly income option
- No partial withdrawals or closure prior to maturity
- Automatic reinvestment of funds, on maturity, into another Fixed Rate Bond or Market Tracker Saver
Account summary box
What is the interest rate?
|Rate effective from 9 December 2020
|Fixed rate for 5 years - Annual
|Fixed rate for 5 years - Monthly
Can the Family Building Society change the interest rate?
No, the interest rate is fixed.
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months?
|Opening balance - annual interest
||Projected balance (Gross)
|Opening balance - monthly interest
||Projected balance (Gross)
* monthly interest of £6.25 is paid away, which totals £375.00 over 60 months
** monthly interest of £2.29 is paid away, which totals £137.40 over 60 months
- These projections assume that the account is opened with the stated amounts with no additions or withdrawals made. Projected balance is at the end of 60 months
- All projections are provided for illustrative purposes only and do not take into account individual circumstances
- Actual interest may depend on the date the account is opened and the date that interest is paid
How do I open and manage my account?
- The 5 Year Fixed Rate Bond (15) is exclusively available for all existing customers who have had a savings account with us for at least two months
- This bond can be applied for by post and at our Epsom branch
- A minimum of £1,000 must be deposited for annual interest accounts, and a minimum of £5,000 for monthly interest accounts
- Instructions for the account can be made by secure message via our Online Service, by phone, by post or at our Epsom branch
Can I withdraw money?
- Withdrawals are not permitted during the fixed rate term before maturity
- Your Fixed Rate Bond becomes available for reinvestment or withdrawal on the maturity date shown on your Savings Account Certificate. We will write to you no later than 15 calendar days before maturity with details of the products available for reinvestment. Please refer to the 'Maturity' section of the Product Features leaflet for full information
How can I make deposits?
- Additions are allowed for 15 calendar days after your account is opened. After this period, no additions are allowed. We reserve the right to return funds if you decide to invest more than the amount originally specified on your original application
- A maximum of £250,000 may be held in the account
1 AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the annual rate would be if interest was compounded.
2 PSA stands for Personal Savings Allowance.
All financial information correct on 2 December 2020.
Operating an account on behalf of someone else
This account is available for operation by Third Parties, Attorneys and Deputies. For information on how to set up any of these on your accounts please refer to our Help to manage your finances page where all the information you should need can be found.
If you have already set up Power of Attorney, a Deputy or Third Party and wish to open this account, please also refer to our Help to manage your finances page where you can find details of the forms we require. If you have any further account opening queries please contact our New Business Team on 03330 140141.
Call our expert UK team
Savings - 03330 140141
Mortgages - 03330 140140
Savings - 03330 140144
Mortgages - 03330 140146