'A road map to a coherent housing policy', a new report by London School of Economics, commissioned by Family Building Society, is now available. Find out moreOur latest report, 'A road map to a coherent housing policy' with forewords by Lord Heseltine and Lord Mandelson, is calling on politicians, key national and local government departments, as well as the Bank of England, to cooperate on solving the UK’s current housing crisis. You can read the full report here >
Mortgage payment difficulties? We may be able to help. Find out more
Branch Saver (5)
Ideal for savers local to our Epsom branch who wish to have easy access to their savings.
Key featuresView summary box
- Apply for an account at our Epsom branch
- Save from £1 up to £1,000,000
- Variable tiered interest rate to reward those who save more
- Interest paid annually on the 31 January and added to your account
- Add to your savings by transfer from your bank account, by cheque, by transfer from another account with us or by cash
- Easy access to your savings without an access charge and can be paid by cheque, by transfer to another account with us and by cash
- Passbook account
*To send additional savings directly from your bank account the banking details you’ll need can be found on the back of your new account Certificate.
Before you apply, please read the account summary box below. It is not intended to be a substitute for reading the Product Features leaflet and General Conditions for our Savings Account booklet.
Account summary box
What is the interest rate?
|Rate effective from 31 August 2023
Can the Family Building Society change the interest rate?
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit?
|Projected balance (Gross)
How do I open and manage my account?
- The Branch Saver is a traditional passbook-based account and can only be applied for in person at our Epsom branch. The passbook is required for all transactions
- A minimum of £1 must be deposited
- Instructions for the account can only be made via our Epsom branch
Can I withdraw money?
- Withdrawals are only available at our Epsom branch, without notice or access charge, and can be made by bank transfer, by transfer to another savings account with us, by cheque or by cash
- Please see the 'Taking money out' section of the Product Features leaflet for full information
How can I make deposits?
- Additions are allowed but not required on a regular basis
- Additions to the account can be made by transfer from your bank account, by cheque, by transfer from another savings account or by cash
- A maximum of £1,000,000 can be deposited in the account
TAX STATUS: Interest is paid gross without deduction of income tax. You will need to declare any income from savings interest earned over your PSA2 through a self-assessment tax return to HM Revenue & Customs. Interest is paid annually on 31 January and available from the following day.
This issue may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
1 AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the annual rate would be if interest was compounded.
2PSA stands for Personal Savings Allowance.
All financial information correct on 18 August 2023.
Operating an account on behalf of someone else
This account is available for operation by Third Parties, Attorneys and Deputies. For information on how to set up any of these on your accounts please refer to our Help to manage your finances page where all the information you should need can be found.
If you have already set up Power of Attorney, a Deputy or Third Party and wish to open this account, please also refer to our Help to manage your finances page where you can find details of the forms we require. If you have any further account opening queries please contact our New Business Team on 03330 140141.