- The Capital 90 (1) 1.06% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £20,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 26 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
- Premium Saver (4) 0.65% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £10,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 5 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
Our later life mortgage offering
We offer a number of different later life mortgage options, available on both an interest only or repayment basis.
The mortgage will be secured on your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Do you have a mortgage coming to an end and are finding it difficult to extend your term with your current lender?
Or perhaps you'd like to move nearer to your family or have always dreamed of moving to the coast but are struggling to find a mortgage?
Then we may be able to help.
What kind of retirement mortgages do we offer?
We don’t believe in a ‘one size fits all’ approach and have a number of different mortgage options for people approaching or in retirement.
Remortgage or moving home
We offer a number of fixed and variable rate mortgages suitable for remortgage or purchase on both a Interest-Only and repayment basis, which may be a suitable alternative to those who are not yet ready to turn to equity release.
- Interest-Only mortgages - we can offer Interest-Only mortgages up to the age of 89
- Repayment mortgages - we know some of our customers would like to start repaying some of the capital from their mortgage, but find that a repayment mortgage is only available for a very short period of time, if available at all. We offer repayment mortgages up to the age of 95, meaning you could have longer to repay your mortgage which, in turn, produces a lower monthly payment and makes inroads into the original loan amount.
You can view our range of moving home and remortgage products here.
To find out the maximum term we will lend up to read our maximum mortgage term guidelines.
Retirement Interest-Only Mortgages (RIO)
Our RIO mortgages are Interest-Only mortgages that don't have a specific end date. The interest is repaid each month and the mortgage balance is repaid following a specific life event.
Find out more about our Retirement Interest-Only mortgages and if they may be suitable for your needs.
Retirement Lifestyle Booster
Do you want to make the most of your retirement? If you’re not quite ready for equity release yet and are looking for an alternative to boost your finances, you may be interested in our Retirement Lifestyle Booster.
Every month for 10 years you receive a fixed sum, and in return you pay the interest each month. At the end, what you owe is what you’ve borrowed. No rolled up interest, no sting in the tail.
What makes us different?
- We don’t judge people by their age. We listen to their story, and if we can help by offering a longer term mortgage, that allows you to remain in your own home for longer or move somewhere more suitable, then we will.
- We don’t let computers make our lending decisions. We have a personal approach to lending and manually underwrite all our mortgages. This means we can advise on a variety of solutions that fit your unique needs
- We’ve been providing mortgages to those aged 65 or over for many years on both interest only and repayment mortgages, so we know what we’re doing.
- We offer generous terms where other lenders often don’t – lending up to a 5 year term to an 90 year old and up to a 25 year term for a 70 year old for example.
- We take into account earned income up to age 70 and pension income beyond that.
- We have a team of experienced in house mortgage advisers who can help you decide which mortgage option is best for you
Real life case studies
Read about the experiences of real life customers who have taken out a mortgage in their retirement.
Mortgage Affordability Calculator
See how much money you may be able to borrow for a mortgage with our simple calculator.
To find out more about our later life mortgage options, or to check your eligibility, you can contact our friendly New Business Team.