- Our Autumn newsletter 2023 is now available. You can download it here
- View our Christmas opening hours here. For information on bank transfer processing times over the Christmas period please click here.
Mortgage payment difficulties? We may be able to help. Find out more
Buy to Let mortgagesIf you're a landlord, or thinking about getting a property to rent out, we offer a range of Buy to Let mortgages for both individuals and Limited Companies.
The mortgage will be secured on your property.
Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
At Family Building Society we can assist with a mortgage if you are looking to purchase or remortgage a Buy to Let property. The minimum property value we would consider is £120,000 in England and Wales.
Please be aware that if you are an expat then the mortgage will need to be on an Interest-Only basis on one of our expat products.
Our Buy to Let mortgages
We accept applications up to the age of 89 and we also accept mortgage applications from expats.
We have a number of mortgage products available. Take a look at our current range of mortgage products below.
If you're new to Buy to Let properties, we've created a short guide to give you more information to think about before buying your first property.
Consumer or professional?
You will need to apply for a Buy to Let mortgage as a consumer or professional. Find out which is right for you.
Check if you're eligible for a Buy to Let mortgage
Complete our simple Buy to Let eligibility form to see how much you might be eligible to borrow.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you are aged 18 or over.
How do I apply?
- Step 1 - Start by contacting our New Business Team on 03330 140140 or by using the Call Me Back form. They’ll go over some basic information with you including how much you would like to borrow and what for. We’ll need to take details of the property, the tenancy agreement, the rent received to check that it fits our criteria.
- Step 2 – After our New Business Team have reviewed your circumstances, if we can consider the mortgage, we will then send to you a personalised illustration and application form which you can then return to us. Alternatively, you can apply via a broker.
- Step 3 – Submit your application along with any supporting documents (there is a list of what’s required on our application form) and the £175 Application Fee. There will be further fees associated with the product selected.
- Step 4 – Once the application has been assessed a valuation will be carried and then it will be underwritten and we will provide you with a Mortgage Offer. A copy of this will also be given to your nominated Solicitor who will contact you with some forms to be completed.
- Step 5 – Once your nominated Solicitor has carried out the necessary searches and received the forms back from you we can arrange to send the funds to them (this is called “completion”).
When you submit your application there is a £175 Application Fee. They will be other fees which will be detailed on your personalised illustration.
Usually between 12 and 16 weeks.
We’ll send you an Application Form and illustration if you apply to us directly.
When the application is received from you.
- Application fee £175
- Product fee (to be confirmed)
- Valuation fee if applicable
- Solicitor’s fee
Our mortgage products available for Buy to Let.