- Support for Coronavirus - how we're helping our customers See more
Welcome to Family Building Society - innovative mortgage and savings products for the way families live today.
We've been in business for over 120 years. Allow us to introduce ourselves.
Family Building Society is a trading name of National Counties Building Society which has been securely looking after people's money and helping homebuyers since 1896.
From our headquarters in Epsom, Surrey, we provide a professional service to over 47,000 customers throughout England and Wales. Being a mutual Building Society means that we are owned by and run for the benefit of our savings and borrowing members. As we have don't have any shareholders, all of our profits are put back into the Society, to benefit you, our members.
Our aim is to be the first choice for families' mortgages and savings. We believe that families who work together across the generations deserve savings and mortgage choice that are backed by excellent personal service and innovative products.
Why are we different?
- We're focused on delivering innovative and flexible mortgage products to meet the needs of the modern family across all generations and individuals not well served by the mass market.
- We have a personal approach to lending and manually underwrite all our mortgages. We use real human beings which means we can advise on a variety of solutions that fit your unique needs.
- We don't judge people by their age. We listen to their story.
- Our unique savings products serve the current needs of the modern savvy saver.