- Our Autumn newsletter 2023 is now available. You can download it here
- View our Christmas opening hours here. For information on bank transfer processing times over the Christmas period please click here.
Mortgage payment difficulties? We may be able to help. Find out more
Some of the benefits of using our Online Service
- Check balances and view your latest transactions
- Make withdrawals to your pre-nominated bank account
- Transfers between your Family Building Society accounts
- Pay into your account using your pre-registered debit card
- Apply for new savings account online
- Check your mortgage balance and latest transactions
We'll send you a mortgage statement in January each year, showing your transactions in the previous calendar year and the total of interest charged.
Safe and secure
- Send and receive secure messages
- Update your personal details
Please note if you are acting as a Power of Attorney then you will be unable to open an account online. For further information please read our Online Service terms and conditions below.
If you're already an existing customer and would now like to access your accounts online, simply follow the registration instructions below.
You can also download this handy guide which provides useful information on how to register for the service and how to operate your account online.
What do you need to do?
To register for our Online Service, you need to provide us with some personal details and set up your security information.
Following the on-screen instructions, enter this information about you:
- Date of birth
- Postal address
- Email address
Once this is done you'll be sent two emails, one with your new username and the second with instructions on how to set up your password and memorable word.
Use the link we have emailed to you to set up your password and memorable word.
Once this is done we'll send you your verification code by email or by post. This will take three to five working days to arrive.
Step 3 - once you've received your verification code
- Visit our website and click on 'Login' at the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Enter your new username, password and three characters from your memorable word to login.
- Click the on-screen link to enter your verification code exactly as shown in your email or letter.
Important: the verification code is a further security measure and is the final stage in the re-registration process. Until you have received and entered your verification code you will not be able to see details of your existing account(s) or make a withdrawal. If you need to make a withdrawal before your verification code arrives by email or in the post, call 03300 243406 and we will be happy to help.
That's it. Registration completed.
If you need any help along the way, please call us on 03300 243406.
Note: For joint accounts, each account holder will need to register separately if they'd like online access.
You can view our Online Service Terms and Conditions here.Register for the Online Service
The content of the Online Service Terms and Conditions covers your use of the Online Service and supplements the conditions applying to each account to which you have access using Family Building Society Online Service. In the event of a difference, the account specific terms and conditions prevail.
Please read this Online Service Terms and Conditions carefully and retain a copy in a safe place for future reference. You may ask for a copy of this service agreement at any time.
One of the biggest benefits of the Online Service is the ability to apply for a new savings account without having to print the application and post into us before the account is opened.
Our service makes savings applications 100% online, removing the requirement to print anything before your account can be opened.
In addition, if you’re acting as a Power of Attorney on any Savings Accounts with us, you can operate these accounts online.
Reacting to member feedback, we have made the system able to deal with requests for reactivation should you inadvertently lock yourself out of your account. Providing additional memorable information as part of the registration process will allow you to reset your login details without having to wait for a reactivation code to be posted to you.
Here are some easy ways to protect yourself online:
- Passwords: Make sure that your password and memorable data is a mixture of letters and numbers that cannot easily be guessed. Don’t keep a written record of your passwords and remember that legitimate organisations will never ask you for complete passwords over the phone or by email.
- Anti-virus software: Install software that protects your computer from viruses and unwanted programs and make sure it is kept up-to-date. Try to scan your computer regularly for viruses.
- HTTPS: If you're entering personal information, such as your account number, make sure the website address begins with 'https' and that there's a padlock symbol within the browser as this indicates that a site is secure.
- Wireless networks: Avoid using public computers to do your internet banking. When using a wireless router make sure it's password protected and completely secure; never give visitors access to your network.
- Emails: We'll never send you an email demanding that you log in to your account immediately or it will be shut-down.
- Account details: Never give your account details or other security information to anyone unless you know who they are and why they need them.
Find out more about protecting yourself online against frauds and scams.
Online Service Guide
Our handy guide provides useful information on how to operate your account online.
Online Banking Support
If you need help with our Online Service, please call our dedicated Online Banking Support team.
Frequently asked questions
Common questions and answers about our Online Service.