- Our Autumn newsletter 2023 is now available. You can download it here
- View our Christmas opening hours here. For information on bank transfer processing times over the Christmas period please click here.
Mortgage payment difficulties? We may be able to help. Find out more
Everyday Saver (3)
Simple and straightforward easy access to your savings
Key featuresView summary box
* You can pay into your savings account by bank transfer, or if you’re registered for our Online Service you can add to your savings account using your debit card. You can find more details about how to fund your savings account here.
Before you apply, please read the account summary box below. It is not intended to be a substitute for reading the Product Features leaflet and General Conditions for our Savings Account booklet.
Account summary box
What is the interest rate?
|Rates effective from 31 August 2023||Gross AER1|
Can the Family Building Society change the interest rate?
|Yes, the interest rate is variable and may be changed. Please refer to Section 14 of the General Conditions for our Savings Accounts booklet for more information on when we may make changes to the interest rate and how this will be communicated|
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 and £50,000 deposit?
|Opening balance||Projected balance (Gross)|
How do I open and manage my account?
Can I withdraw money?
- Up to 12 withdrawals are permitted per calendar year without notice or access charge, and can be paid by transfer to your bank account, by transfer to another savings account with us or by cash
- Minimum withdrawal is £100
Please see the 'Taking money out' section of the Product Features leaflet for full information.
How can I make deposits?
- Additions are allowed but not required on a regular basis
- Additions to the account can be made by debit card, by transfer from your bank account, by cheque, by transfer from another savings account with us or by cash
Tax status: Interest is paid gross without deduction of income tax. You will need to declare any income from savings interest earned over your PSA2 through a self-assessment tax return to HM Revenue & Customs. Interest is paid on 31 January and available from the following day.
This issue may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
1AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the annual rate would be if interest was compounded.
2PSA stands for Personal Savings Allowance.
All financial information correct on 18 August 2023.
Operating an account on behalf of someone else
This account is available for operation by Third Parties, Attorneys and Deputies. For information on how to set up any of these on your accounts please refer to our Help to manage your finances page where all the information you should need can be found.
If you have already set up Power of Attorney, a Deputy or Third Party and wish to open this account, please also refer to our Help to manage your finances page where you can find details of the forms we require. If you have any further account opening queries please contact our New Business Team on 03330 140141.
Use of a debit card to deposit savings
To add to your account using your debit card, you will need to register for our Online Service. You can’t use your debit card to add money to your account over the phone. Please note that the debit card you use to deposit money via the Online Service should be registered to the address we hold for you.
Debit card transactions are subject to approval by your bank and may be declined if you do not have sufficient funds available in your bank account or the transaction exceeds your bank's anti-fraud limits.