- Support for Coronavirus - how we're helping our customers See more
Market Tracker Saver (1)
Save the hassle of shopping around for an attractive rate, as we do all the hard work for you.
Key featuresView summary box
* To send additional savings directly from your bank account the banking details you’ll need can be found on the back of your new account Certificate. To add to your account using your debit card you will need to register for our Online Service. If you open your account online, registration is part of the account opening process and you can add by debit card straight away. If you don’t open your account online and you are not already a user of our Online Service for an existing account with us, you can register via our website once you have received your Certificate. After you have registered, we will send you a verification code. For security reasons, this is sent by email or post. You need this code for your first login, and you will only be able to add to your account by debit card once you have logged in and entered your verification code.
The information provided below is a summary of the key features of the account and is not intended to be a substitute for reading the Product Features leaflet and General Conditions for our Savings Accounts booklet.
Account summary box
What is the interest rate?
|Rates effective from 1 July 2021
Can the Family Building Society change the interest rate?
Yes, we will review the interest rate four times a year in March, June, September and December and publish the results on our website here no later than 15 calendar days before the end of the review month.
We will notify you each time the interest rate changes by email. If you don’t provide us with an email address, you will be able to check our website for any updates here. We do not send these notifications by post.
Please refer to the ‘Interest’ section of the Product Features leaflet for further information
What would the estimated balance be?
|Opening balance||Projected balance (Gross)|
How do I open and manage my account?
Can I withdraw money?
- Up to 20 withdrawals are permitted per calendar year without notice or access charge, and can be paid by transfer to your bank account or by transfer to another savings account with us
- Minimum withdrawal is £100
- Maximum withdrawal of £25,000 per day, per account
Please see the 'Taking money out' section of the Product Features leaflet for full information.
How can I make deposits?
- Additions are allowed but not required on a regular basis
- Additions to the account can be made by debit card (online only), by transfer from your bank account, by cheque, by transfer from another savings account with us
Tax status: Interest is paid gross without deduction of income tax. You will need to declare any income from savings interest earned over your PSA2 through a self-assessment tax return to HM Revenue & Customs. Interest is paid on 31 July and available from the following day.
This issue may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
1AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the annual rate would be if interest was compounded.
2PSA stands for Personal Savings Allowance.
All financial information correct on 2 June 2021.
Operating an account on behalf of someone else
This account is available for operation by Third Parties, Attorneys and Deputies. For information on how to set up any of these on your accounts please refer to our Help to manage your finances page where all the information you should need can be found.
If you have already set up Power of Attorney, a Deputy or Third Party and wish to open this account, please also refer to our Help to manage your finances page where you can find details of the forms we require. If you have any further account opening queries please contact our New Business Team on 03330 140141.
Use of a debit card to deposit savings
To add to your account using your debit card, you will need to register for our Online Service. You can’t use your debit card to add money to your account over the phone. Please note that the debit card you use to deposit money via the Online Service should be registered to the address we hold for you.
Debit card transactions are subject to approval by your bank and may be declined if you do not have sufficient funds available in your bank account or the transaction exceeds your bank's anti-fraud limits.
Call our expert UK team
Savings - 03330 140141
Mortgages - 03330 140140
Savings - 03330 140144
Mortgages - 03330 140146