- The Capital 90 (1) 1.06% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £20,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 26 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
- Premium Saver (4) 0.65% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £10,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 5 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
We are pleased to announce our Windfall Bond is now available for new account openings. Before you open a new Windfall Bond please read the important information below.
The Windfall Bond has a maximum capacity for 15,000 open accounts.
- You will only be able to open new Windfall Bonds online using our Online Service.
- Even if you already have a Windfall Bond account with us, you will need to open any additional Windfall Bonds via the Online Service. Any money paid into your existing Windfall Bond account(s) will not secure you a new Windfall Bond, and instead the money will be returned to you.
- You can add money to your new account with your debit card; however, given each Windfall Bond must have a balance of £10,000 we recommend you consider transferring your money via Faster Payment. When sending money by Faster Payment, you must state your new Windfall Bond account number as the payment reference.
- Once you have completed the online application process, your new Windfall Bond account number will be visible on the Online Service.
- To apply for a Windfall Bond online, please click here. Once you have opened your first account with us via our Online Service, and completed your registration, you will need to login to our Online Service to open any subsequent savings accounts online.
- Please ensure that you complete all personal information and nominated bank account details accurately as any errors may delay your application and result in you not being successful in your application.
- If you are already registered and have access to our Online Service, please login to apply for a new Windfall Bond.
- If you do not currently access your account(s) with us using our Online Service, you can apply for a Windfall Bond here. Once you have opened your first account with us via our Online Service and completed your registration, you will need to login to our Online Service to open any subsequent savings accounts online.
- If you are interested in opening more than one new Windfall Bond, you will need to repeat the new account opening process via our Online Service for each new bond. For example, if you wish to open three new Windfall Bonds you will need to complete the account opening process three times.
- If you are adding money to your new Windfall Bonds by Faster Payment, you must send payments for each Bond and quote the correct account number for each as the payment reference. For example, if opening three new Windfall Bonds you should send three separate payments each with different payment references corresponding to the relevant new account number.
The Windfall Bond
The Windfall Bond is a unique savings account, quite unlike any other. It allows you to keep your capital secure and accessible*, earns interest at the Bank of England Bank Rate and enters you into a monthly prize draw for the chance to win up to £50,000.
The stats speak for themselves. The odds of a Windfall Bond win are nearly six times better than Premium Bonds.
If you have any questions about the Windfall Bond, please contact our New Business Team:
* Eligible deposits held with Family Building Society are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the FSCS. Windfall Bond funds are accessible without access charge by account closure after 35 days' notice.
Call our expert UK team
Savings - 03330 140141
Mortgages - 03330 140140
Savings - 03330 140144
Mortgages - 03330 140146