- The Capital 90 (1) 1.06% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £20,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 26 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
- Premium Saver (4) 0.65% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £10,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 5 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
Keep your browser up to date
We recommend you always try to keep your browser up to date, as newer versions provide higher levels of security.
Keeping your internet browser up-to-date is important for both security and ensuring that web pages display properly. You might want to update any plug-ins, extensions, or other add-ons you have installed on your device.
The following guide covers the steps you need to do to update your internet browser. Select your browser from the list below and follow the instructions.
The Microsoft Edge browser is tied to Windows 10 and, so are its updates. To update the Edge browser, you need to update Windows with the steps below:
- Press the Windows Key, type Check for updates, and then press Enter.
- Under the Update status section, select Check for updates.
This can also be done in the browser by following the steps below:
- Click on the Main Menu button. First, make sure you are running Microsoft Edge and then click the Menu button in the top-right corner of the screen. ...
- Hover over the "Help and Feedback" menu item. ...
- Click "About Microsoft Edge" ...
- Edge will automatically check for updates. ...
- Edge is now up to date.
Microsoft updates Internet Explorer using its Windows update feature. As long as you are regularly installing the latest Windows updates from Microsoft, you should have the latest version of Internet Explorer. To be sure you have the latest version of Internet Explorer 11, select the Start button, select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and then select Check for updates.
Tip: Automatic updates are always on in Windows 10. Microsoft Edge, which replaces Internet Explorer in Windows 10, will be kept up to date automatically.
If you do not have Windows automatic updates turned on in Windows 8 or earlier versions, you need to update Internet Explorer on your computer manually by following these steps:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on and open the Windows Update utility.
- In the left navigation pane, click the Check for updates link.
- You can choose to install all available updates or just select the updates you want to install.
Normally updates happen in the background when you close and reopen your computer's browser. But if you haven't closed your browser in a while, you might see a pending update:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, look at More .
- If an update is pending, the icon will be colored:
- Green: An update was released less than 2 days ago.
- Orange: An update was released about 4 days ago.
- Red: An update was released at least a week ago.
To update Google Chrome:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click Update Google Chrome.
- Important: If you can't find this button, you're on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
The browser saves your opened tabs and windows and reopens them automatically when it restarts. Your Incognito windows won't reopen when Chrome restarts. If you'd prefer not to restart right away, click Not now. The next time you restart your browser, the update will be applied.
Note: If you're running a very old version of Chrome, you might have to go to the official Chrome download page to get the newest version.
Mozilla Firefox should automatically download updates and prompt you when they are available to install. To check that your version of Firefox is the latest or to update manually, follow these steps:
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click the Hamburger Menu (3 horizontal lines on top of each other) the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- In the menu that appears, click the Help '?' button at the bottom.
- Select About Firefox.
- The window that appears will automatically check for updates and show you the current version of Firefox. If an update is available, there will be an option to install the update here.
- When the download is complete, click Restart to update Firefox.
Note: If you're running a very old version of Firefox, you might have to go to the official Firefox download page to get the latest version.
If you have Apple updates turned on, Safari should stay up to date automatically. To check that your version of Safari is the latest or to update manually, follow these steps:
macOS Mojave or later
- Go to Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click on Software Update.
- If any updates are available, click Update Now to install them, or click More info to read more about the update.
- Your Mac will now update, and may restart several times. Once it has updated, Safari will be up to date.
- If you want to keep Safari up to date, check the “Automatically keep my Mac up to date” box in Software Update.
macOS High Sierra or earlier
- Mouse over the Dock and click App Store.
- When it has launched, press Updates.
- Look for any macOS updates, and if there are any, click Update next to it.
- macOS will update and, with it, Safari.
- To automatically update macOS and Safari, launch System Preferences, click App Store and then choose Download newly available updates in the background.
Note: If you're running a very old version of Safari, you might have to go to the official Safari download page to get the newest version.
- Open Opera web browser.
- Click the Opera icon in the top left-hand corner of the window.
- Select Update & Recovery
- If updates are available, they will be installed automatically.
Protect yourself against fraud and scams
It’s important to be aware of fraud and scams. We've put together some detail on the types of fraud and scams out there and how you can protect yourself.
We take all issues relating to your data seriously. Find out what we do to protect your data and what you can do to protect yourself.