Service update - due to planned essential maintenance our Online Service will be unavailable on Friday 28 January from 18:00 until Saturday 29 January 12:00.
Following the Bank of England’s decision to raise the Bank Rate by 0.15% to 0.25% in December 2021, Windfall Bond and Tracker Savings Bond rates increased by 0.15% from 1 January 2022. Tracker mortgages changed from 25 January and we have written to customers individually with revised payment details where the new rate exceeds the minimum rate (or ‘floor’) already applying to their mortgage. We will be considering our other savings and our variable mortgage rates after the Bank of England MPC meeting on 3 February. (Notice updated 19/01/22)
- Please note that the Premium Saver (5) has now been withdrawn from sale.
If you have opened an account, you may add funds until 3pm, 7 February 2022, after this no additions will be allowed.
Our Online Service
A convenient and secure way to view your mortgage and savings accounts online.
With our Online Service you can view your account online anywhere and anytime.
- Check your mortgage balance and latest transactions
- Send and receive secure messages
- Apply for new savings accounts online
We'll send you a mortgage statement in January each year, showing your transactions in the previous calendar year and the total of interest charged.
Our handy guide provides useful information on how to operate your account online.
Already registered with our Online Service? You can log in here.
Do you want to set up an Online Service account? You can register here.
If you're already an existing customer and would now like to access your accounts online, simply follow the registration instructions below.
You can also download this handy guide which provides useful information on how to register for the service and how to operate your account online.
What do you need to do?
To register for our Online Service, you need to provide us with some personal details and set up your security information.
Following the on-screen instructions, enter this information about you:
- Date of birth
- Postal address
- Email address
Once this is done you'll be sent two emails, one with your new username and the second with instructions on how to set up your password and memorable word.
Use the link we have emailed to you to set up your password and memorable word.
Once this is done we'll send you your verification code by email or by post. . This will take three to five working days to arrive.
Step 3 - once you've received your verification code
- Visit our website and click on 'Login' at the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Enter your new username, password and three characters from your memorable word to login.
- Click the on-screen link to enter your verification code exactly as shown in your email or letter.
Important: the verification code is a further security measure and is the final stage in the re-registration process. Until you have received and entered your verification code you will not be able to see details of your existing account(s) or make a withdrawal. If you need to make a withdrawal before your verification code arrives by email or in the post, call 03300 243406 and we will be happy to help.
That's it. Registration completed.
If you need any help along the way, please call us on 03300 243406.
Note: For joint accounts, each account holder will need to register separately if they'd like online access.
You can view our Online Service Terms and Conditions here.Register for the Online Service
The content of the Online Service Terms and Conditions covers your use of the Online Service and supplements the conditions applying to each account to which you have access using Family Building Society Online Service. In the event of a difference, the account specific terms and conditions prevail.
Please read this Online Service Agreement carefully and retain a copy in a safe place for future reference. You may ask for a copy of this service agreement at any time.
Here are some easy ways to protect yourself online:
- Passwords: Make sure that your password and memorable data is a mixture of letters and numbers that cannot easily be guessed. Don’t keep a written record of your passwords and remember that legitimate organisations will never ask you for complete passwords over the phone or by email.
- Anti-virus software: Install software that protects your computer from viruses and unwanted programs and make sure it is kept up-to-date. Try to scan your computer regularly for viruses.
- HTTPS: If you're entering personal information, such as your account number, make sure the website address begins with 'https' and that there's a padlock symbol within the browser as this indicates that a site is secure.
- Wireless networks: Avoid using public computers to do your internet banking. When using a wireless router make sure it's password protected and completely secure; never give visitors access to your network.
- Emails: We'll never send you an email demanding that you log in to your account immediately or it will be shut-down.
- Account details: Never give your account details or other security information to anyone unless you know who they are and why they need them.
Find out more about protecting yourself online against frauds and scams.
Log in to our Online Service
If you have already registered for our Online Service you can log in here.
Register for our Online Service
If you are an existing customer registering for this service will allow you to view your accounts, apply for new accounts and more.
Frequently asked questions
Common questions and answers about our Online Service.