Service update - due to planned essential maintenance our Online Service will be unavailable on Friday 28 January from 18:00 until Saturday 29 January 12:00.
Following the Bank of England’s decision to raise the Bank Rate by 0.15% to 0.25% in December 2021, Windfall Bond and Tracker Savings Bond rates increased by 0.15% from 1 January 2022. Tracker mortgages changed from 25 January and we have written to customers individually with revised payment details where the new rate exceeds the minimum rate (or ‘floor’) already applying to their mortgage. We will be considering our other savings and our variable mortgage rates after the Bank of England MPC meeting on 3 February. (Notice updated 19/01/22)
- Please note that the Premium Saver (5) has now been withdrawn from sale.
If you have opened an account, you may add funds until 3pm, 7 February 2022, after this no additions will be allowed.
How do families first approach the often difficult and tricky conversation of financial assistance for home buying?
Our simple guide can help both parents and adult children during these difficult discussions.
The guide covers:
- Key points to help with the conversation
- How to prepare for the discussion
- Key questions and topics that need to be considered, along with space to write down what decision has been made and how both parties will proceed
- Things to consider moving forward.
To find out more read our guide 'Bank of Mum an Dad - A conversation guide'.
How to run the Bank of Mum and Dad
Our definitive guide on 'How to run the Bank of Mum and Dad' shows how it works and important things to consider.