- Our Autumn newsletter 2023 is now available. You can download it here
Mortgage payment difficulties? We may be able to help. Find out more
Stamp duty holiday research report
Our latest research in conjunction with the London School of Economics (LSE)
Our latest report looks into the impact of the stamp duty holiday, that was introduced
by the Government in July 2020. This academic study investigates the affects on the
UK housing market and the UK economy in general.
Some of the key findings include;
- In the first quarter of 2021 there were 50% more transactions than in the first
quarter of 2020, ie before the pandemic struck
- The £500,000 ceiling covers up to 90% of purchases
- The holiday supports the Government’s levelling up agenda, given that house prices
are higher in London and the South East
- Increased transactions mean better use of the housing stock.