- The Capital 90 (1) 1.06% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £20,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 26 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
- Premium Saver (4) 0.65% AER - is now on general sale and can be applied for exclusively online. £10,000 minimum deposit. You can add funds to the account until 3pm, 5 November 2021, after this no additions will be allowed. Find out more
Payments and charges
A list of our savings accounts charges and our bank details should you need to make a payment to us.
During the life of your savings account with us there are some charges which may be incurred.
Cheque paid in and later returned unpaid
Same day transfer of funds to your bank account (via CHAPS, telegraphic transfers)
Details of interest earned on your savings account (other than for current and last tax year)
(Annual Savings Summary provided at no charge)
Lost passbook for the second and all subsequent times
Production of any transaction listings
Replacement of a statement or certificate (original supplied at no charge)
In addition there may be charges for other services; we will inform you of these at the time you request such a service.
Our bank details
If you'd like to add to your savings account directly from your bank account, please use the details below.
Please note: You must set us up as a business account.
- Account name: Family Building Society (National Counties)
- Sort code: 40-02-50
- Account number: 21397400
- Reference: Your 10 digit Family Building Society account number*
* Please note you can find your Family Building Society account number on your Savings Account Certificate when you originally opened your account. Alternatively, if you're registered for our Online Service, your account number will be shown on the main screen after you've logged in.
Confirmation of Payee
Your bank / building society may let you know that the account name you use doesn’t match what’s on their system. This is because Family Building Society is a trading name of National Counties, and our account name is ‘National Counties’. However, your bank will still let you carry on with the payment.
Do you need our help?
If you have questions or need our help please contact our friendly Savings Service Team.
Downloadable savings forms
A list of useful savings forms and information about the general conditions of our savings accounts.